The Scene Generator Module is in charge of simulating the scene to be observed, and all environmental effects to be considered for the correct generation of the stimuli to be entered to the instrument model. In particular, for Active Microwave systems, the Scene Generation Module is in charge of providing the Reflectivity map of the area observed by the instrument on ground depending on the frequency of the signals transmitted by the instrument and on the geo/bio-physical characterization of the scene.
The computation of the Reflectivity map from the biophysical parameters is decomposed in several steps
The following Blocks have been identified:
- Scene Definition – geo/bio-physical parameters
- L2 Imaging area
- L2 Ambiguous area
- Forward Model – calculation of the reflectivity map (backscattering coefficient)
- Reflectivity Imaging area
- Reflectivity Ambiguous area
- SAR Reflectivity Ingestion – translation of the reflectivity map to SAR coordinates, calculation of the shadowing mask and addition of the phase.
- SAR2GEO Projection
- Shadowing Mask Application
- Phase Computation