BIBLOS-2 Project was started in May 2016. In September 2019, BIBLOS v2.0 was officially released and BIBLOS-2 activity entered the Maintenance Period, which is planned for 12 months. More information about the implemented BIBLOS’s Building Blocks is provided here, Project Documents are listed here. Intermediate release is BIBLOS v2.1, which incorporated changes listed in its release notes. The latest release is BIBLOS v2.2, which improved interfaces and several functionalities, documented in release notes.
Scope and Objectives of the BIBLOS-2 Activity:
- To complete the definition and implementation of the necessary generic Building Blocks for a Passive Optical, Passive Microwave and Active Microwave Instruments,
- To officially release them as BIBLOS components library to the users in order to support and facilitate the development of E2E mission performance simulators of future EO missions,
- To prove the concept and to gather experience in producing an E2E mission performance simulator using ready-made generic building blocks by: defining mission specific scenarios, developing minimal but functionally complete demos for a passive optical, a passive microwave and an active microwave mission and by executing these demo simulators in openSF.
Short Summary the BIBLOS-2 Activity:
- Improvement of the Building Block implemented for Passive Optical Instrument developed within the BIBLOS(-1) Activity, with GPU implementation of most time consuming calculations,
- Design, Implementation and Validation of the Building Block implemented for Passive Microwave Instrument based on the generic reference architecture defined in ARCHE-E2E activity.
- Design, Implementation and Validation of the Building Block implemented for Active Microwave Instrument based on the modified reference architecture defined in ARCHE-E2E activity and adapted to bistatic and/or mutlistatic E0 missions. Scope for the Active Microwave Instrument has been changed at the beginning of an ongoing project.